Titebond Cold Press HPL
Titebond Cold Press for HPL is a high-quality, economical alternative to contact cement for large-scale flat laminating. It is specifically formulated for cold press laminating of High-Pressure Laminates and backed veneers to solid woods, particleboard, MDF, plywood and other porous materials. Titebond Cold Press is also suitable for most veneer and panel-on-frame applications. It offers a moderate speed of set, a translucent glue line and contains none of the harmful or corrosive fumes typical of most contact cement.
Features & Benefits
- Moderate speed of set
- Economical alternative to contact cement
- Dries translucent
- Water cleanup & non-toxic
- Suitable for large-scale flat laminating
- Suitable for panel-on-frame cold press applications
- Application Temperature: Above 50°F.
- Open Assembly Time: 15 minutes (70°F./50% RH)
- Total Assembly Time: 15-20 minutes (70°F./50%RH)
- Minimum Required Spread : Approximately 6 mils or 250 square feet per gallon
- Required Pressure Application : 30-80 psi for HPL, 100-150 psi for Panel-on-Frame, 100-250 psi for Veneer
- Method of Application: For most consistent coverage a mechanical spreader is recommended.
- Cleanup: Damp cloth while glue is wet. Scrape off and sand dried excess.
- Type: Modified PVA emulsion
- Calculated VOC: 3.2 g/L
- State: Liquid
- Weight Per Gallon: 9.7 lbs.
- Color: Off White
- Dried Film: Translucent
- Flashpoint : > 200°F.
- Solids: 42%
- Freeze/Thaw Stability: Stable
- Viscosity : 4,500 cps
- pH: 4.9
- Chalk Temperature: To assure a good bond, 50°F is the lowest recommended temperature of the glue, air and materials during application.
- Storage Life: 12 months in tightly closed containers at 70°F.
Important Notice: Our recommendations, if any, for the use of this product are based on tests believed to be reliable. Since the use of this product is beyond the control of the manufacturer, no guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied, is made as to such use or effects incidental to such use, handling or possession or the results to be obtained, whether in accordance with the directions or claimed so to be. The manufacturer expressly disclaims responsibility therefore. Furthermore, nothing contained herein shall be construed as a recommendation to use any product in conflict with existing laws and/or patents covering any material or use.
© Copyright 2018. Franklin International.