Titebond Melamine Glue
Titebond Melamine Glue is designed for bonding wood, particleboard, MDF and other porous substrates to synthetic materials such as melamine, vinyl and HPL as well as metals. It offers a fast initial tack, yet has a longer open time that allows for the accurate alignment of working materials. Titebond Melamine Glue is a water-based adhesive that is nonflammable, has low odor, dries clear and cleans up with water. Its thicker formulation offers fewer runs and drips, making it easier to use and more effective for precise assemblies.
Features & Benefits
- Bonds melamine, vinyl coated products, and HPL to porous materials
- Thicker formulation - fewer runs and drips
- Fast setting - Excellent strength
- Dries clear
- Long open time
- Fast initial tack
- ASTM D4236
- Application Temperature: Above 40 °F.
- Open Assembly Time: 5 minutes (70 °F./50%RH)
- Total Assembly Time: 10-15 minutes (70°F./50%RH)
- Minimum Required Spread: Approximately 6 mils or 250 square feet per gallon
- Required Clamping Pressure: Enough to bring joints tightly together (generally, 30-80 psi for HPL,100-150 psi for softwoods,125-175 psi for medium woods and 175-250 psi for hardwoods)
- Method of Application: Easily spread with a roller spreader or brush, or may be transferred to plastic bottles for finer gluing applications.
- Cleanup: Damp cloth while the glue is wet. Scrape off and sand dried excess.
- Type: Specialized vinyl acetate emulsion
- Calculated VOC: 77 g/L
- State: Liquid
- Weight Per Gallon: 8.6 lbs .
- Color: White
- Dried Film: Clear
- Flashpoint : > 200 °F.
- Solids: 57%
- Freeze/Thaw Stability: Unstable
- Viscosity : 12,000 cps
- pH: 4.0
- Chalk Temperature: To assure a good bond, 40°F is the lowest recommended temperature of the glue, air and materials during application.
- Storage Life: 24 months in tightly closed containers at 75 °F.
Contains oxydipropyl dibenzoate and dipropylene glycol n-butyl ether. Do not swallow. Do not allow eye contact or prolonged skin contact. FIRST AID: If swallowed, do not induce vomiting; contact physician. If eye contact occurs, flush with water for 15 minutes. Wash skin contact areas with soap and water. If irritation from eye or skin contact persists, contact physician. For additional information, refer to Safety Data Sheet.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
© Copyright 2018. Franklin International.